Table of Contents
Sigmund Freud was an Austrian neurologist and the founder of psychoanalysis, a clinical method for treating psychopathology through dialogue between a patient and a psychoanalyst. Freud was born to Galician Jewish parents in the Moravian town of Freiberg, in the Austrian Empire.Wikipedia
Sigmund Freud Quotes And Saying
- In the small matters trust the mind, in the large ones the heart.” – Sigmund Freud
- “We choose not randomly each other. We meet only those who already exist in our subconscious.” – Sigmund Freud
- “We are what we are because we have been what we have been.” – Sigmund Freud
- “Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.” – Sigmund Freud
- “Most people do not really want freedom because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility.” – Sigmund Freud
- One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.
- We are never so defenseless against suffering as when we love.
- Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.
- Out of your vulnerabilities will come your strength.
- He that has eyes to see and ears to hear may convince himself that no mortal can keep a secret. If his lips are silent, he chatters with his fingertips; betrayal oozes out of him at every pore.
- In the depths of my heart, I can’t help being convinced that my dear fellow-men, with a few exceptions, are worthless.
- It is impossible to escape the impression that people commonly use false standards of measurement — that they seek power, success and wealth for themselves and admire them in others, and that they underestimate what is of true value in life.
- Immorality, no less than morality, has at all times found support in religion.
- Whoever loves becomes humble. Those who love have, so to speak, pawned a part of their narcissism.
- Everywhere I go I find a poet has been there before me.
- Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.
- The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is ‘What does a woman want?’
- If youth knew; if age could.
- Men are more moral than they think and far more immoral than they can imagine.The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization.
- Illusions commend themselves to us because they save us pain and allow us to enjoy pleasure instead. We must, therefore, accept it without complaint when they sometimes collide with a bit of reality against which they are dashed to pieces.
- A civilization which leaves so large a number of its participants unsatisfied and drives them into revolt neither has nor deserves the prospect of a lasting existence.
- A man who has been the indisputable favorite of his mother keeps for life the feeling of a conqueror.
- “Out of your vulnerabilities will come to your strength.” – Sigmund Freud
- “Words have a magical power. They can bring either the greatest happiness or deepest despair; they can transfer knowledge from teacher to student; words enable the orator to sway his audience and dictate its decisions. Words are capable of arousing the strongest emotions and prompting all men’s actions.”
- “The only person with whom you have to compare ourselves is that you in the past. And the only person better you should be, this is who you are now.” – Sigmund Freud
- “To be completely honest with oneself is the very best effort a human being can make.” – Sigmund Freud
- “One must learn to give up momentary, uncertain and destructive pleasure for delayed, restrained, but dependable pleasure.” – Sigmund Freud