Table of Contents
william blake quotes: William Blake was an English poet, painter, and printmaker. Largely unrecognized during his lifetime, Blake is now considered a seminal figure in the history of the poetry and visual arts of the Romantic Age.Wikipedia
William Blake Quotes and Sayings
I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create.William Blake
- The man who never alters his opinions is like standing water and breeds reptiles of the mind.William Blake
- The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.
- Excuse my enthusiasm or rather madness, for I am really drunk with intellectual vision whenever I take a pencil or graver into my hand.
- The naked woman’s body is a portion of eternity too great for the eye of man.
- When nations grow old the Arts grow cold And commerce settles on every tree
- The bird a nest, the spider a web, man friendship.
- The prince’s robes and beggar’s rags, Are toadstools on the miser’s bags. A truth that’s told with bad intent, Beats all the lies you can invent
- The busy bee has no time for sorrow.
Cute William Blake quotes
You become what you behold.William Blake
This life’s dim windows of the soul Distort the heavens from pole to pole And lead you to believe a lie When you see with, not through, the eye.William Blake
My mother groaned, my father wept, into the dangerous world I leapt.William Blake
I am in you and you in me, mutual in divine love.William Blake
A good local pub has much in common with a church, except that a pub is warmer, and there’s more conversation.William Blake
He who kisses joy as it flies by will live in eternity’s sunrise.William Blake
Enlightenment means taking full responsibility for your life.William Blake
Poetry, Painting & Music, the three Powers in a man of conversing with Paradise, which the flood did not sweep away.William Blake
Some are born to sweet delight, Some are born to endless night.William Blake
William Blake passion quotes
To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower Hold infinity in the palms of your hand and eternity in an hour.William Blake
If a thing loves, it is infinite.William Blake
The imagination is not a state: it is the human existence itself.William Blake
Make your own rules or be a slave to another man’s.
Thy friendship oft has made my heart to ache: do be my enemy for friendship’s sake.
I will not cease from mental fight Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand.
How do you know but ev’ry Bird that cuts the airy way, Is an immense world of delight, clos’d by your senses five?
And I watered it in fears, Night and morning with my tears; And I sunned it with smiles, And with soft deceitful wiles.
The apple tree never asks the beech how he shall grow, nor the lion, the horse, how he shall take his prey.
The moon, like a flower in heaven’s high bower, with silent delight, sits and smiles on the night.
And is he honest who resists his genius or conscience only for the sake of present ease or gratification
When a sinister person means to be your enemy, they always start by trying to become your friend
How can the bird that is born for joy Sit in a cage and sing? How can a child, when fears annoy But droop his tender wing, And forget his youthful spring?
The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.William Blake